So if you’ve seen the very first video I ever posted here. You’ll know I love succulent! Plants here are some of my windowsill cacti and succulent collections. I love the variety of shapes and textures that these fat plants have and I’m able to keep them alive, which can’t be said for normal houseplants or flowers. For a long time I wanted, but couldn’t find the string of pearls plant. I love the way they draped down, but finally I got some cuttings. And now they’re thriving came across a crochet stitch that really resembles this plant, and I wanted to make my own crocheted version One that doesn’t need to be in the light and it can cheer up a shady shelf. I’ll show you this stitch. The popcorn stitch using a three millimeter hook with a cheap double knit yarn and also with a 1.25 millimeter hook using embroidery thread. It’s the thread that I’ll be using for my final plant. We start with a slip knot and we put it on your hook, Not too tight, pull through a loop and repeat to make two chain stitches yarn over your hook, then poke through the first stitch that you made a slip knot. Pull through a loop. Now you have three on your hook. Pull a loop through the first two. Then pull another loop through the other two. This creates a double crochet stitch in the US or a triple crochet stitch for the UK. Either way we’re going to make another one of these in the same starting. Stitch again. Repeat until you have five of these all coming from your first stitch. Then we leave our loop loose and find the top of the first stitch that we made count away from your loop. Push the hook through like this and catch your loop. Tighten it a little and pull through. This completes one popcorn stitch. It’s like a little ball. We move towards our next one by creating a chain of five stitches. at this point! I like to hide the end of the yarn by poking it through the ball and snipping off the end, continuing the popcorn stitch, we yarn over hook and push through the second stitch away from the hook and as before, make five double crochets into the same stitch. count back to find the first one then create the ball shape by pulling that loop through it. I’ll show one more, and when I make these, I don’t actually stick to five stitches and five chains. I vary them both sometimes six or seven double crochets and again with the chains more or less since were recreating a plant, we might as well make it more varied and organic. So really, don’t worry about the number of stitches. It will look more realistic this way. Here we have three popcorn stitches. Done, you want to make these to your desired length and then finish off with a little chain. I’ll show you that in a moment On this smaller scale one, I’ve used the embroidery thread to make a closer match in scale to the original plant. I’ll show again the hiding of the loose end. And here is another example of the popcorn stitch. It’s not as easy to see with the thread, which is why I demonstrated it first using the Normal Yarn . Now you’ll see when I’m ready to cut it loose. Just snip the thread and pull through your last chain stitch. Depending on your plans, you might leave a longer tail to sew it into a crocheted pot. Here are the ones I’ve crocheted all different lengths and one or two have a shorter length knotted onto it in the middle, making a forked strand. Something that the real plants sometimes do too. I’m not going to put my plant in a pot. My husband, sculpted and 3d printed this robot head for me to use which I then added this Green Moss to using a 3d printing pen. This robot comes from the beautiful studio. Ghibli film lapita the Castle in the sky. The robots are ancient and become overgrown. I love the way they look, so I wanted to recreate it. Here’s a mini one that I bought to put in another plant pot, and I added paint to it to improve the look. I’ll start with a base coat of gesso, and then I’ll start building up the colors with acrylic paint. I mixed some gold pigment powder into my paint to create a metallic look. I started with a dark brown base, then added green to the higher areas of the Moss, I ended up darkening the overall color on the robot head and leaving it darker, still in any crevices or cracks. I dabbed on more layers, building up the coverage and using dry, brushing to lighten up the protruding edges and highlight the moss. I mixed a watery black and I painted it all over, dabbing off any excess, but leaving it there to dry in the cracks in the corners. I’m really pleased with this. I don’t have any experience painting, realistic models, but I enjoy watching other people Do it next. I’m going to use hot glue to attach my plant strands on the inside of my little robot. I bet that if you’re guardians of the Galaxy fan, this would look amazing as a little Groot model. Here’s all my strands glued in, and now to find it a home. Here’s a comparison to the original to show the scale of the leaves and here. It is on my shelf beautiful well. I hope you enjoyed this video. Look after each other, and I’ll see you again soon. Bye bye you!